What would you name this chapter of your life?
That’s the one question that I ask each and every guest on my podcast.(The Voices You Have Not Heard)
Out of 47 episodes, I’ve heard everything from Freedom to struggle. It’s important to name the chapters of our lives and use them as a roadmaps to see how far we’ve come.
2018 has brought me many chapters. I’ve had loss, freedom, sacrifice, peace, happiness, joy, loss.2, loss.3, daylight, more, silence, bare with me, you can’t be serious, this is not real life, oh my god, ain’t nobody got time for this, not again, not today, I can’t be responsible for that, I got this, I don’t got this, I bet I don’t, help, nope, this is that BS right here, I no longer care, really, I made it, chance, change, transition, listen, transform, I warned you and finally…. RESET.
RESET is about…
Restructuring your thoughts
Extracting the old thoughts
Stimulating the mind to think new thoughts
Equipping yourself for change
Transforming your life through every transition
So if you didn’t finish well in 2018, here are a few things to think about as you enter into 2019
1. Remember why you started. When you feel the feelings that are tied to your goal, your energy will shift to align with that goal.
2. Get clarity. Once you have clarity, you can lock it in. It’s important that you decide to hit your goal. It doesn’t matter how much doubt and fear you have, when you can see your end goal you can keep going. Your Pivots, detours, and scenic routes are planned for you to avoid major distractions. Trust the process.
3. Rewrite your vision. It’s important that you layout exactly how you want to execute your vision. There are many ways to accomplish this goal. It’s your job to be consistent and be aware of what you say and how you say it. Words are more important than your media outlet.
4. Take inventory of your pieces. Fragments and glimpses make up who we are. We have to be willing to take a look at what we already have. Taking inventory requires that we get silent and listen in the silence instead of controlling the silence. Turning your brain off and allowing your heart to speak will bring your pieces together and allow peace to resurface in your situation to see the bigger picture.
5. Look for reminders. Who are you when you’re focused? What does being focused feel and look like when you’re in your zone and doing meaningful and fulfilling things?
6. Redirect your focus. Inspiration can come from within us or outside of us. When it comes, act upon it. Everything won’t make sense right away, but you must follow your focus. These are the moments that will change the trajectory of our lives and lives of those around us.
Every chapter makes us who we are. Take time to reflect on the pages of your chapters as you move forward in life.